Alyssa Haniff W’21 – Executive Director // PSA Bartending
Selection Process and Timeline
Every year, the Director roles and Executive Suite roles re-open for application. These positions are open to current PSA employees only. All Executive Suite positions and Director roles can only be filled by students who have worked for PSA previously. Although experience within an agency is preferred, interested applicants for a leadership position may apply for roles outside of their current agency. Should a position not be filled by the end of the current calendar year – the position may be opened to any interested student at the discretion of the PSA General Manager.
These students are chosen for their demonstrated interest and commitment to PSA, its growth, and betterment. Students interested in these roles should contact the students currently occuping the role they are interested in. Employees are given opportunites to demonstrate interest by stepping up in their roles and for additional tasks.
The President supports PSA by further developing Penn Student Agencies as an organization and each of its businesses at the organizational and strategy level. The position strives to support PSA growth in operational performance, financial profitability/longevity, and in community and corporate exposure. The President’s goal is to sustain, grow and maintain the prestige of Penn Student Agencies.
Election Cycle begins at the end of September of each calendar year.
Election occurs in October by the current Board of Directors
- 1 full year working within Penn Student Agencies Executive Suite or one of its 10 businesses
- Director or EVP level experience is highly encouraged
- Demonstrates interest and understanding of PSA, its businesses, and their respective missions
2021-2022 Student Leadership Promotion Timeline
Previous Penn Student Agencies employment is required. We look for undergraduate students who are willing to make thier leadership position a top priority for their one-year term. Hour commitments for these roles are typically around 5-10 hours in addition to hours working for their agency. These additional hours come from weekly Board of Directors meetings, Bi-weekly Program Director meetings, PSA Committees, and agency leadership meetings and events.
The application and interview process information is internally circulated and not available to the general public.
All Directors and Executive Vice President positions are hired for a one-year period beginning in March with an option to renew for additional years based upon performance.
- Applications due October 23rd, 2020
- You will receive an email to schedule your General Leadership Panel shortly after.
- Candidates who exibit leadership qualities and sufficent PSA knowledge will be invited to Agency Specifc Interviews.
- Leadership teams will be announced December 4th, 2020.
- ALL 2020-2021 and 2019-2020 Board of Directors meeting will take place in January 2021
- Training will be two hours every week during the month of February. Times and dates TBD by agency Leadership.
- Take Primary Role – March 15th, 2021
- Presentation of Business Plans at first new term Board of Directors meeting on TBD