Alyssa Haniff W’21 – Executive Director // PSA Bartending
Selection Process and Timeline
Every year, the Director roles and Executive Suite roles re-open for application. These positions are referenced to current PSA employees but may be opened for external application.
Although experience within an agency is preferred, interested applicants for a leadership position may apply for roles outside of their current agency. Should a position not be filled by the end of the current calendar year – the position may be opened to any interested student at the discretion of the PSA General Manager.
These students are chosen for their demonstrated interest and commitment to PSA, its growth, and betterment. Students interested in these roles should contact the students currently occupying the role they are interested in. Employees are given opportunities to demonstrate interest by stepping up in their roles and for additional tasks.
The President supports PSA by further developing Penn Student Agencies as an organization and each of its businesses at the organizational and strategy level. The position strives to support PSA growth in operational performance, financial profitability/longevity, and in community and corporate exposure. The President’s goal is to sustain, grow and maintain the prestige of Penn Student Agencies.
Election Cycle begins at the end of September of each calendar year.
Election occurs in October by the current Board of Directors
2021-2022 Election Candidates
- Diego Noriega WH’23 – Current Executive Director of Benny’s Diner
- Jade Gonzalez SAS’22 – Current Shift Supervisor of Williams Cafe
2021-2022 President Elect
The PSA Board of Director is excited to announce the
2021 – 2022 President Elect is Jade Gonzalez!
Jade is a current Junior in the College double majoring in International Relations and History. On-campus she is involved in PennFirst as their Advocacy Chair and PennSingers Light Opera Company as their Master Carpenter! As President of Penn Student Agencies Jade plans to focus on PSA’s Covid-19 recovery efforts and employee development and cohesion. She also hopes to assist Agency leadership teams in identifying how existing products and services can be altered to better attract customers in an increasingly digital and home-based retail market. Jade is also excited to strengthen relations with PSA Alumni Network and the SRBA.
- 1 full year working within Penn Student Agencies Executive Suite or one of its 10 businesses
- Director or EVP level experience is highly encouraged
- Demonstrates interest and understanding of PSA, its businesses, and their respective missions
2021-2022 Student Leadership Promotion Timeline
Previous Penn Student Agencies employment is required. We look for undergraduate students who are willing to make their leadership position a top priority for their one-year term. Hour commitments for these roles are typically around 5-10 hours in addition to hours working for their agency. These additional hours come from weekly Board of Directors meetings, Bi-weekly General Manager meetings, PSA Committees, and Agency Leadership meetings and events.
All Executive Leadership and Director positions are hired for a one-year period beginning in March with an option to renew for additional years based upon performance.
To view more information on the process and job descriptions please select the link below!
Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- Address to “Director Selection Committee”
- Why do you want to be a Director or EVP?
- What skills and experience do you hope to gain as a Director or Executive Director?
- What are your goals and how will you contribute to your team?
- Executive Suite Applicants: Why do you want to be in the Executive Suite specifically?
- External Applicants: Why do you want to work for Penn Student Agencies?
- Resume or CV
- Tentative Spring Schedule (Include Mandatory Meetings)
- November Availability
- Weekly Recurring (7 day)
- 1 hour minimum slot durations
- Please include the maximum open availability